Many thanks to Lydia for nominating me (sometime ago now) for the Liebster Award. As you see Lydia, that weekend I promised to do this fell into the void of the time warp that eats me whole most weeks. Sincere apologies for the delay – to make it up to you (and because I love visiting your blog) I am making you my first nomination.
Qs to answer from Lydia:
1. Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life? A movie of my life would need a lot of artistic license to make a feature-length motion picture of any interest at all and I would insist it were animation. Please. (I don’t mean please make one! Oh no!)
2. If you could meet one famous person alive today, who would it be? Gordon Brown is my most sensible answer. Otherwise, I’d like to meet the Real Shim Shady at my kitchen sink doing my washing-up with a bag of chips, can of ice cold Stella or bottle of Bud to follow 🙂 NB: as in Eminem doing my washing-up, not me!
What is one thing on your bucket list you absolutely Have to do? Wash my floors. It’s the only bucket list I believe in.
What is your most prized possession, how did you come to possess it? My lifetime, I was born. It posesses me, rather than I, it.
5. Are you still in touch with the first friend you ever made? Only vaguely via occasional facebook messages, but I cut her off when her notifications were upsetting me last year. I really should resolve that. She very kindly visited my mother in the summer during limited time in the country.
6. Where is your ideal place to write? Any virtual (digital) page, but I especially love WordPress.
What is your biggest accomplishment? Being accepted to uni (a couple of decades ago) for a cutting-edge contemporary art course – there was an awful lot of competition for places and I had to rely on unconditional acceptance for being too ill for assessment on my previous course.
8. What is something about you no one knows? (Or else probably no one on here knows about you?) I love spinach, I’m just waiting for the Popeye effect. I’ve heard nettle-tops are similar and a good source of nutrients if detoxed first, but haven’t tried them yet. I’m not good at harvesting the produce in my garden! I love olive oil too, of course!
9. What is your favourite song to cheer you up? There are so many. Drips by Eminem, Lake of Fire by Nirvana. God is in the Radio by Queens of the Stone Age… so, so, many more… they’re the ones that immediately sprang to mind this time round…
What does your ideal day consist of? I’m currently hoping for any normal kind of day to arrive. One that lasts days on end without being exhausted and ill and managing to live the day to day consistently in order to build up. Ideally, my ideal day would involve getting up, getting out, going to work, four or five days (or nights) a week and being self-employed in my spare time. Either are such a long way off I can’t even see it on a map!
What is one thing you really like about yourself? That it’s two and a half years until I’m fifty and I still find ways to play.
Nominations next! First, I have to say that this is difficult because so many potential nominees have been nominated before, some don’t mind repeat nominations and some won’t accept more than one. Some have more than 200 followers or prefer to be an award-free blog.
On my primary blog I have a whole round of four different award posts to finish making and some of you nominated here are receiving combined nominations from me. You have been warned. Some who I would have nominated but are declared award-free blogs will be linked in a special section from my primary blog awards page.
Also, if you would have enjoyed the Liebster challenge and know I follow your blog, leave comments, or think I should, then please leave me your link to consider for a near future Liebster challenge. (Aside from current post catch-ups I’ve received notice of a near future Liebster return for another one and can’t refuse a friend!)
So, my nominations for the Liebster Award are:
My questions for you to answer:
What do you least enjoy being asked?
Do you prefer odd socks or matching?
Have you ever made a sock puppet?
When was the last time you recall a gypsy knocking at your door selling pegs or peg-dolls?
What’s your favourite thing to do at a fun-fair?
How often do you draw, paint or doodle?
What/where is your favourite physical art gallery or museum?
Do you have a fave online art gallery or museum?
You have to take part in a sports gala but can choose your event – what would it be?
Which nursery rhyme or fairy tale scared you to death as a child and why?
Do you remember a favourite a hymn?
This is the other problem with these awards, checking the post where I was nominated, the rules are explained slightly differently to my other Liebster nomination. As per the nominating post:
Once you are nominated,
- Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.